Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Adapted from Taste of Home
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, plus
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Arrange racks to divide the oven into thirds. Preheat the oven to 400 deg. F.
- In a small bowl combine the flours, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Stop mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula several times.
- Add egg and egg white; beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Using a small scoop, shape dough into walnut-sized balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies will puff up and flatten as they bake. Remove just after they have set. If the centers of the cookies looks slightly underdone, let the cookies rest for a few minutes on the baking sheet. They will continue to cook as they cool. Remove to a wire rack to continue cooling.