Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Source: Bon Appétit Magazine, February 2008 issue
- 3 cups whole wheat flour or 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed golden brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon robust-flavored dark molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line 3 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda in large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk, molasses, and vanilla extract in medium bowl; whisk in butter.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, stirring until dough is evenly moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallows, and nuts.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing about 3 inches apart (about 12 cookies per sheet).
- Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until golden brown, dry to touch, but still slightly soft, about 15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on sheets 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to racks and cool (cookies will firm up).
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.