Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An adaptation of Mark Bittman's/anyone's famous sesame noodles. Great served hot, room temperature or cold. I either make extra dressing or wait to dress noodles until about to eat since they tend to soak up sauce.
- 1 (8 ounce) package whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (I use the all natural kind-if using Jiffy or other sweet PB decrease sugar)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black bean paste (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup hot water
- minced green onion
- sesame seeds
- halved cherry tomatoes
- microwave ingredients including 2 T of water. stir well. add hot water until consistency of heavy cream.
- when noodles are done toss in a handful of cherry tomatoes, drain, rinse with cold water.
- stir sauce into noodles top with diced green onions and sesame seeds.