Recipe by Salamanders Scribe
I combined the parts I liked of two different recipes to make this one. It's delicious just warm with butter, but it also tastes great with honey drizzled over it. I like to make it as rolls to take in my lunch along with salad, but you could also just do it as a 2 lb. loaf in the bread machine
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten
- 4 cups whole wheat flour (minus 2 tablespoons)
- 3⁄8 cup flax seed, ground or milled
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water, butter, honey, salt and vinegar in pan for automatic bread machine.
- Measure 2 tablespoons gluten into bottom of dry measuring cup.
- Add flour to measuring cup and measure 4 cups into pan.
- Add seeds on top of flour.
- Make a well with your finger in the dry ingredients and add the yeast.
- Set bread machine for dough cycle and press the start button.
- When cycle is complete, separate dough into 15 pieces; roll into balls and place into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Allow to rise 1 hour or until doubled.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until browned on top.