1/2 Photos of Whole Wheat Runza Dough
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a recipe that I have adapted so that I can make whole wheat runzas. Please note that you can also use this recipe to make white bread runza dough, just substitute white flour for the whole wheat. Also you can use 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 white flour if you so desire. Use any kind of fillings that you like. My family likes ham and cheese, philly cheese steak, pepperoni pizza, scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon, to name just a few other than the traditional. Use your imagination and tailor to what your family likes. These freeze beautifully after they are baked when individually wrapped. Just microwave from frozen or thawed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add 2 cups of the flour and the yeast to the bowl of your kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and mix well.
- 2Heat the milk, sugar, butter and salt to between 115 and 120 degrees.
- 3Add the warm mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- 4Add the eggs and mix for 5 minutes.
- 5Add 1/2 a cup of flour at a time mixing after each addition until a ball forms.
- 6Knead for 8 minutes using the mixer.
- 7Grease a bowl and add the dough ball.
- 8Cover and place in a warm spot.
- 9Allow to rise until double in size. About 1 hour.
- 10Punch down the dough and recover.
- 11Allow to rise for 10 minutes.
- 12Divide the dough into managable sections.
- 13Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 14Cut into 4 inch by 4 inch squares.
- 15Fill with desired fillings.
- 16Bring the opposite ends together and pinch together. Pinch together the seams so that the filling doesn't leak out.
- 17Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- 18Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Runza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.4
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 130.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g