From Cooking Light
Make and share this Whole Wheat Rotini With Spicy Turkey Sausage and Mustard Greens recipe from Food.com.
- 396.89 g can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3784.0 ml water
- 382.71 g packageuncooked whole wheat rotini (corkscrew pasta)
- 354.88 ml chopped yellow onions (about 1 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g hot Italian turkey sausage
- 226.79 g bagged prewashed cut mustard greens
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml grated fresh pecorino romano cheese
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- Place 1/2 cup broth in a small saucepan over medium heat; simmer until reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 6 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Combine water and remaining broth in a large Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; stir in pasta.
- Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain well; place pasta in a large bowl.
- Keep warm.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Add sausage to pan; cook 6 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in greens; cook 2 minutes or until greens wilt.
- Add reduced broth, half-and-half, and cheese.
- Cook 4 minutes or until cheese melts and mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
- Add sausage mixture to pasta, and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately.