Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
A variation of my Ricotta Gnocchi ( #170293) without the sauce. I love these cheesy little gnocchi! Soo easy to make and yummy to eat. The marks made by the fork on each gnocchi makes them pretty and allows the gnocchi to pick up more sauce.
- 8 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup lowfat parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- In a wire strainer press any excess moisture out of the ricotta.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the egg, add ricotta, and parmesan cheese. Slowly add in the 1 cup of flour, 1/3 cup at a time. Only add as much flour as you need to create a workable dough. This may be a little less than 1 cup to a bit more than 1 cup. (About 1 tbsp less than 1 cup worked perfectly for me) .
- Divide the dough into 6-8 pieces, and with your hands roll each piece of dough into long logs as thick as your thumb; Cut into 1 inch slices. With a fork, press down on each gnocchi so you can see groves on each gnocchi, then gently re-shape it if it got a bit squished.
- Gently place gnocchi on a lightly floured baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the dough in this manner; If not using immediately, place in the refrigerator.
- To cook the gnocchi, drop into lightly salted water and remove as soon as they float to the top, after 1 or 2 minutes. Scoop out of water with a slotted spoon and serve immediately with your favourite sauce!
These are great! I found if made smaller, they are better. Great with a spinach pesto sauce!