Recipe by Jazmina
Quick and easy to make. This cake is full of flavor, moist and delicious! Enjoy
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
Excellent whole wheat cake. I used all organic ingredients; made no subs. However, when i had followed all the steps, it was somewhat dry and crumbly. Not sure why, but I am not a baker by any means, so it must have been some kind of error on my part, but I could not pour what was in the bowl into the pan as the directions were stating. So I added a bit of milk until it looked "pourable" and then threw it in the oven. My 4 yr old daughter loved it as did everyone else that had some. It was gone when I got home. I got one piece, so I will make this again. The flavor was excellent. I actually cut the sugar back to 1/2c but the blueberries give such great flavor it was not missed. Thanks for sharing. A very unique and delicious cake.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 177.44 ml sugar (cane sugar or demerara)
- 177.44 ml plain fat-free yogurt
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 473.18 ml raspberries
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cloves
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Combine sugar and melted butter until smooth.
- Add in yogurt, vanilla, and raspberries (fresh ones are best, or let frozen thaw and get rid of extra water) mix together.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cloves. Mix everything together and pour into one 8 inch buttered and floured baking dish.
- Bake until golden brown and you are able to stick a fork in it's center without having cake all over your fork.
- About 30mins.