Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and easy to make. This cake is full of flavor, moist and delicious! Enjoy
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (cane sugar or demerara)
- 3⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Combine sugar and melted butter until smooth.
- Add in yogurt, vanilla, and raspberries (fresh ones are best, or let frozen thaw and get rid of extra water) mix together.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cloves. Mix everything together and pour into one 8 inch buttered and floured baking dish.
- Bake until golden brown and you are able to stick a fork in it's center without having cake all over your fork.
- About 30mins.
Excellent whole wheat cake. I used all organic ingredients; made no subs. However, when i had followed all the steps, it was somewhat dry and crumbly. Not sure why, but I am not a baker by any means, so it must have been some kind of error on my part, but I could not pour what was in the bowl into the pan as the directions were stating. So I added a bit of milk until it looked "pourable" and then threw it in the oven. My 4 yr old daughter loved it as did everyone else that had some. It was gone when I got home. I got one piece, so I will make this again. The flavor was excellent. I actually cut the sugar back to 1/2c but the blueberries give such great flavor it was not missed. Thanks for sharing. A very unique and delicious cake.
Awesome!!! I am a teacher and needed something to bake for a bake sale. I wanted to make something more interesting that the usual choc. chip cookie or brownie. I substituted raspberry fat free yogurt. I reduced the cloves to 1/2 tsp. For ease of sale, I made cupcakes. The recipe made 12 full size cupcakes and 12 mini cupcakes. I sprinkled powdered sugar over them instead of making frosting. These were wonderful! I am sure they will sell quickly tomorrow.
Just all whole wheat in a cake does not do it for us..............maybe half the next time and also less sugar. Sorry...........................different people and different tastes. Tasted too much like a bran muffin.