Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and easy to make. This cake is full of flavor, moist and delicious! Enjoy
Make and share this Whole Wheat Raspberry Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (cane sugar or demerara)
- 3⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Combine sugar and melted butter until smooth.
- Add in yogurt, vanilla, and raspberries (fresh ones are best, or let frozen thaw and get rid of extra water) mix together.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cloves. Mix everything together and pour into one 8 inch buttered and floured baking dish.
- Bake until golden brown and you are able to stick a fork in it's center without having cake all over your fork.
- About 30mins.
Excellent whole wheat cake. I used all organic ingredients; made no subs. However, when i had followed all the steps, it was somewhat dry and crumbly. Not sure why, but I am not a baker by any means, so it must have been some kind of error on my part, but I could not pour what was in the bowl into the pan as the directions were stating. So I added a bit of milk until it looked "pourable" and then threw it in the oven. My 4 yr old daughter loved it as did everyone else that had some. It was gone when I got home. I got one piece, so I will make this again. The flavor was excellent. I actually cut the sugar back to 1/2c but the blueberries give such great flavor it was not missed. Thanks for sharing. A very unique and delicious cake.
Awesome!!! I am a teacher and needed something to bake for a bake sale. I wanted to make something more interesting that the usual choc. chip cookie or brownie. I substituted raspberry fat free yogurt. I reduced the cloves to 1/2 tsp. For ease of sale, I made cupcakes. The recipe made 12 full size cupcakes and 12 mini cupcakes. I sprinkled powdered sugar over them instead of making frosting. These were wonderful! I am sure they will sell quickly tomorrow.
Just all whole wheat in a cake does not do it for us..............maybe half the next time and also less sugar. Sorry...........................different people and different tastes. Tasted too much like a bran muffin.