Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy cookies that offer the goodness of whole wheat and are sweetened with Splenda to lower sugar. Just don't be tempted to eliminate the all-purpose flour completely or the cookies will turn out too heavy.
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips or 2⁄3 cup butterscotch chips or 2⁄3 cup peanut butter chips or 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips or 2⁄3 cup additional raisins
- Beat butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and baking powder until well blended.
- With mixer on low, gradually add the whole-wheat and all-purpose flours.
- Stir in, by hand, the raisins and/or chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes (edges lightly browned).