Recipe by Babushka
Like the benefits of whole wheat flour but kids don't like the taste? Here's your solution! Tasty cookies the whole family will love!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cholesterol-free fat free egg substitute or 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 70% extra-light vegetable oil spread (stick form) or 1⁄2 cup firm margarine (stick form)
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat together softened vegetable oil spread, sugar, eggs, and molasses.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and cardamom. Mix well.
- Add raisins to dough and mix. Dough will be soft but not too sticky.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. They will look dark brown with slightly soft centers.
- Allow to cool before eating as raisins will be quite hot!