Prep 2 hrs
Cook 35 mins
I got this from someone at work. Prep time includes rising.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons yeast (instant or bread machine)
- 1 cup raisins (packed)
- Soak raisins beforehand in some warm water.
- In a large bowl, combine all the white flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix warm water and canola oil.
- Gradually add warm water mixture to flour mixture.
- Beat together, then stir in raisins and whole wheat flour. Stir until mixture is consistent.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide into 3 balls and place in loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, place until doubled in size, about 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Bake at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans; cool on wire rack. Brush with melted butter.
I am very bad with bread; it always turns like rock lumps BUT this recipe is perfect, I FINALLY made a decent bread. Instead of baking it in a bread pan, I made 4 balls (with as little manipulation as possible) and put them deep pie shell. It looked like a big and puffy danish. I was so proud. Otherwise, I did the recipe exactly as instructed. Next time, I'll reduced the quantity of cinnamon a bit, because I found the taste was a bit too strong. THANK YOU for posting that!!!
I was surprised this recipe had no reviews. Very good recipe!! I substituted white flour with soft white wheat and added 1/2 cup honey, 1/3 lecithin and 2 tbsp dough enhancer other than that I followed the recipe exactly. Good texture, soft and not dry. My boys loved it. I made a Breakfast Raisin Bread Pudding with my homemade bread. My boys and husband called it gourmet french toast. You can find it on Cooking.com recipe# 10001699 by melanie. Thanks for posting haven't the slightest!