Recipe by PattiNYC
This recipe is high in fiber and low in salt, great for diabetics or those with high blood pressure, and no one will ever know, they taste so great!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄8 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 2⁄3 cups skim milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the dry ingredients in one bowl and combine them well using a whisk.
- Put all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and combine them with the whisk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and incorporate gently using the whisk lightly, don't over beat them.
- Ladle or pour approximately one cup per waffle onto the iron and cook for 4 1/2 - 5 minutes per waffle. They steam a lot, but don't wory. They also get darker than white waffles with no pumpkin, but they need to cook a little longer to be dry inside and not doughy.
- Thick waffles will result in about 5 waffles, thin waffles will probably yield 8.