Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nutritious muffin especially full of Vitamin A. www.sparkpeople.com
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (1 3/4 cup) canmashed plain pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Position oven rack in center of oven.
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Place foil muffin cups in a 12-cup muffin pan; or spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Note: Do not use paper muffin cups; muffins will stick.
- Cream egg and sugar with electric mixer until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, vanilla, and milk until well-mixed.
- Gently stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices until combined.
- Do not over-mix.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Drop batter into prepared muffin pan, filling cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in the middle of muffins comes out clean.