Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
modified from a Betty Crocker recipe
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add egg, milk, applesauce and pumpkin to the dry ingredients.
- Mix batter until moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- Lightly spray muffin tin. Fill cups 2/3 full and bake about 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
This is an ok muffin. It doesn't taste pumpkiny at all and it's almost like a bran muffin. I made the recipe as is and they rose nicely, but it just wasn't the flavor I was looking for, although DH loved them!