Recipe by The Daycare Lady
I created this recipe after tasting a similar bread. The pumpkin and pudding mix add moistness while the whole wheat flour adds nutrition. It’s a perfect quick bread for this time of year, for breakfast or any meal. From The Best Of Country Cooking 2007
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) vanilla pudding mix, cook-n-serve
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mixes, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and pumpkin. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (8 slices each).