1/3 Photos of Whole Wheat Pudding (Egyptian Ashora)
8 hrs 20 mins
Chef lamiaa's Note:
this is a very popular recipe in Egypt enjoy it warm in the winter,and cool it for the summer days for those who are not familiar with the whole wheat grains, i'll upload a photo of the grains cooking time includes leaving the grains in the water overnight
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1boil the wheat grains in the water , then leave it overnight to cool down, so that the grains can absorb all the water they need to open up.
- 2add the milk, whipping cream, sugar, vanilla and heat up till sugar dissolves completely, you can taste some to determine if it is sweet enough.
- 3dissolve the starch in 1/2 cup of cold milk then add to the heating mixture, boil altogether.
- 4pour into your serving cups and leave to cool, you can serve them as soon as they are just warm, not hot, or you can cool them in the fridge for couple of hours before serving.
- 5it is great as it is, but if you like you can put some toasted almond flakes, hazelnut, shreded coconut, or simply sprinkle some cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Pudding (Egyptian Ashora)
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 42.8 mg
- Sodium 48.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: