Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
this is a very popular recipe in Egypt enjoy it warm in the winter,and cool it for the summer days for those who are not familiar with the whole wheat grains, i'll upload a photo of the grains cooking time includes leaving the grains in the water overnight
- boil the wheat grains in the water , then leave it overnight to cool down, so that the grains can absorb all the water they need to open up.
- add the milk, whipping cream, sugar, vanilla and heat up till sugar dissolves completely, you can taste some to determine if it is sweet enough.
- dissolve the starch in 1/2 cup of cold milk then add to the heating mixture, boil altogether.
- pour into your serving cups and leave to cool, you can serve them as soon as they are just warm, not hot, or you can cool them in the fridge for couple of hours before serving.
- it is great as it is, but if you like you can put some toasted almond flakes, hazelnut, shreded coconut, or simply sprinkle some cinnamon.