Prep 6 mins
Cook 6 mins
A Great way to start the day! a perfect blend of the right carbs and proteins that taste great. these freeze really well, so make a double batch! use sugar free maple syrup and fruit to top!
- 1 cup whole wheat or 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder (whey)
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- heat griddle to about 360f degrees
- add all dry ingredients to large bowl and mix well.
- in seperate bowl, mix egg, oil, and milk well.
- add wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- cook on each side for about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- makes about 4 to 5 4" pancakes.
These are really really really good! I am a bodybuilder so my diet is VERY restricted so this was definitley a nice treat away from my boring egg whites and oatmeal every morning. Thank you for this recipe.
Super dense. Not sure I really liked it. Batter ended up having the consistency of paste, and the final cooked product was very dry and, again, dense. Might add more milk to break it up a bit. Not sure if that will help or ruin it but we'll see.
Very good and simple recipe! I left out the 1 tbsp of artificial sweetener as I don't think you need it if you're using any type of syrup or fruit. I also added a little more skim milk than the recipe calls for; the whole wheat makes the pancakes very hearty so thinning out the batter worked well for me. I will make these again for sure!