1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Pretzels
I can only imagine that these are better for you than what the pretzel vendors churn out in the malls. ;) I like to enjoy them with garlic-horseradish mustard and a tall, dark beer. Hmmm, suppose then that circumnavigates the whole 'better for you thing'...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast, sugar and salt in warm water: let yeast mixture stand 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- 2Combine flours and cheese in large mixing bowl.
- 3Add yeast mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended.
- 4Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth.
- 5Cut dough into 32 pieces, using kitchen shears dipped in flour, or a floured dough slicer.
- 6Shape each piece into a ball.
- 7Roll each ball on a lightly floured surface to form a rope about 14" long.
- 8Twist each one into a pretzel shape; place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- 9Combine egg white and water; mix well.
- 10Brush each pretzel with egg white mixture.
- 11You may also sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- 12Bake at 425° for 12- 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Pretzels
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 78.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g