Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Healthier version but not lacking in taste. Trying to get the nutritional content on this as it came out exactly as I was hoping. Dense, soft texture and taste seems to be just right; not overly sweet but very flavorful. I buy the small loaf tins and make two at a time; one for my daughter with carob chips and one for me either plain or with fresh mango chunks. I will also try making this into muffins and freezing; will update if it works out. Very versatile recipe; hope it works for you.
- 1⁄2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix sugar, honey, butter, eggs, yogurt and vanilla in bowl.
- Stir to mix ingredients well.
- Add flour and baking powder alternately with milk.
- If adding fresh fruit or carob chips or chocolate chips, or whatever, add now.
- Mix well.
- Spoon batter into greased mini loaf pans or one larger one.
- Bake for approximately 50 -70 minutes (I don't remember the exact time it took).
- Check with toothpick for doneness; they will get golden brown on top.
- Cool for 20 minutes to eat warm or cool to room temp then place in fridge, covered.