Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
My mother-in-law Marie is one of the best cooks! This is one of her hers. =)
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups potato flakes
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- In a large bowl add 2 c.
- white flour, potato flakes, salt and yeast.
- Set aside.
- Mix together and warm water, milk, honey and butter.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and mix slightly.
- Add beaten aggs to mixture and beat well.
- Stir in the rest of the white and most of the whole wheat flour.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead for about 10 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, and turn to coat the surface.
- Cover with a damp cloth, and allow to rise until doubled.
- Rising time will be about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down, and knead again for 3 minutes.
- Place back in bowl, and allow to rise again until doubled.
- The second rising period should be about 1 hour.
- Punch down.
- Form 2 loaves, and place into 9 x 5 inch greased bread pans.
- Let dough rise again for 30- 60 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes.
The bread came out fine but it looked like enough dough to make 3 loafs.