Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
whole wheat nutty goodness, spread with a little honey butter mmm mmm good
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2⁄3 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven 350F degrees.
- Spray loaf pan (5 cup capacity) with pan spray.
- Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl; set aside.
- In med bowl mix together.
- egg, oil, yogurt, milk, vanilla, and orange zest Add to flour mixture; stir til just blended Fold in poppy seeds and walnuts.
- Scrape into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes til pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan.
- cool completely.
- In small bowl combine confectioners' sugar, orange juice, and orange zest.
- mix til smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled bread.