Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From BHG. Great for brunch.
Make and share this Whole Wheat Popovers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 450 degree F.
- Generously grease 12 muffin cups.
- Place in oven to heat 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, milk, flours, melted butter, and salt in blender container. Blend just until smooth, scraping side of container as needed.
- Pour into hot muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately.
These were really good. No one could even tell that they were whole wheat! They weren't dense like ppaperdoll said hers were, they rose perfectly. Very airy and moist also. I stupidly put them in metal muffin cups, so they turned out rather.. spiky. But still delicious. Thanks for sharing!
I made these for breakfast one Sunday and they were very good. They didn't rise as high as my usual (white flour) popover recipe, and that may either be because of the more dense, whole wheat flour, or possibly I didn't have the oven high enough. I didn't mind though. They still looked and tasted good. Thanks kuntryqtpi for a healthier version of my favourite comfort food!