Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is makes the best whole wheat pizza crust we have ever had. Feel free to tweak it to suit your owns tastes. It does tend to rise when cooking, so if you are wanting a thinner crust, roll it as thin as possible before baking. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do! *Please note that I have listed the ingredients in the order you put them into your bread maker, but if you are mixing with a mixer/by hand, mix the dry ingredients first and then add the liquids.
- 314.66 ml warm water
- 29.58 ml olive oil (plus 1/2 TBSP to brush onto the crust)
- 14.79 ml honey
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 473.18 ml white flour
- 4.92 ml salt (or to taste)
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 12.32 ml dry yeast
- If using a bread maker to mix & knead (on the dough setting), add the ingredients as listed in the recipe (unless your bread maker gives different instructions re: adding liquids first).
- If mixing in a mixer/by hand, mix dry ingredients in a bowl, and gradually add the honey/oil/water mixture, mixing until completely smooth & lump free. Knead for 3 minutes. Let rise 30 minutes. Knead again for 3 - 5 minutes, let rise for about 1 hour in a greased bowl covered with a cloth and in a warm place.
- When dough is ready, put in onto a floured surface & roll out to the size of your pizza / desired pan. Lightly flour/oil pan so dough will not bake on.
- Lightly brush the dough with olive oil, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and additional italian seasonings (if desired).
- **If doing a thicker crust, pre-bake the dough for 4 to 5 minutes, then add toppings.
- Bake at 450 for 10 - 14 minutes (depending on thickness of crust). If you partially baked it earlier, it will not take the full 10 minutes, so you will need to check it after 7 or 8 minutes.