McKinley's Momma's Note:
This is makes the best whole wheat pizza crust we have ever had. Feel free to tweak it to suit your owns tastes. It does tend to rise when cooking, so if you are wanting a thinner crust, roll it as thin as possible before baking. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do! *Please note that I have listed the ingredients in the order you put them into your bread maker, but if you are mixing with a mixer/by hand, mix the dry ingredients first and then add the liquids.
My Private Note
pizza c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using a bread maker to mix & knead (on the dough setting), add the ingredients as listed in the recipe (unless your bread maker gives different instructions re: adding liquids first).
- 2If mixing in a mixer/by hand, mix dry ingredients in a bowl, and gradually add the honey/oil/water mixture, mixing until completely smooth & lump free. Knead for 3 minutes. Let rise 30 minutes. Knead again for 3 - 5 minutes, let rise for about 1 hour in a greased bowl covered with a cloth and in a warm place.
- 3When dough is ready, put in onto a floured surface & roll out to the size of your pizza / desired pan. Lightly flour/oil pan so dough will not bake on.
- 4Lightly brush the dough with olive oil, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and additional italian seasonings (if desired).
- 5**If doing a thicker crust, pre-bake the dough for 4 to 5 minutes, then add toppings.
- 6Bake at 450 for 10 - 14 minutes (depending on thickness of crust). If you partially baked it earlier, it will not take the full 10 minutes, so you will need to check it after 7 or 8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Pizza Dough - for Bread Machine (Kneading)
Serving Size: 1 (870 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1027.8
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1177.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 193.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: