Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthy option for homemade pizza!
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup bread flour
- 1 3⁄8 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Place ingredients, in order listed, in bread pan fitted with kneading paddle. Select Dough/Pizza Dough cycle. When completed, deflate dough and use to make your favorite pizza.
This is the best easy whole wheat crust out there. I have experimented time and time again, and this is the only recipe I will use anymore. I don't have a 1/8 cup so I use 1 1/4 ww. flour and just add an extra dash of water. It makes a really think crust for my pizza pan, but to divide it in two is two thin. It's perfect when I make a rectangular pizza on a cookie sheet.
This was excellent. Normally whole wheat pizza dough turns out too dense or too dry, but this was really great. I did add about 2 more Tbsp or so of water to the bread machine, since I noticed that it seemed too dry at first. Then, it came together perfectly! Thank you!
Much better crust than I hoped for! Easy to make, healthy, delicious. I did have to look up how to measure out 3/8C of flour, as I only had a 1/4 cup. For those of you out there with a standard set of measuring cups.... 3/8 cup = 6 tablespoons. Try this crust - you won't be disappointed!