1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
1 hr 20 mins
A co-worker brought this in for me to try. She got it off a website but I don't know which one. I'll try it this weekend for sure!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients except sugar and yeast.
- 2Stir together thoroughly and form a well in center.
- 3Blend remaining ingredients and pour into well.
- 4Brush flour into liquid with fingertips until all flour is incorporated, then gather dough into ball.
- 5Knead on a floured work surface for about 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- 6Shape into ball, place in lightly greased bowl and turn once to grease entire surface.
- 7Cover bowl with clean towel, place in a warm, draft-free location and let rise until double.
- 8Punch down dough, form into a small circle and place on floured work surface.
- 9Let rest for 5 minutes, then press out dough until it is slightly larger than pan size (use a rolling pin if you like).
- 10Fold dough in half and in half again.
- 11Place"wedge" onto greased pizza pan that's been"dusted" with corn meal.
- 12Unfold dough and crimp edges to form a crust.
- 13Top with favorite sauce and toppings and bake in 500 F oven for about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.0
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g