Recipe by jeremy.dibari
This is a good general dough I use to make pizza, calzones, etc... It's okay for bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons wheat gluten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup milk (warm)
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- italian seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together dry ingredients and seasoning (such as a tablespoon of oregano or basil), except yeast.
- Warm milk in microwave about a minute and add in yeast; stir until it dissolves and let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Add milk/yeast and olive oil into dry mixture and stir with a wooden spoon.
- After it gets too tough to mix with the spoon, put onto floured board and kneed for about eight minutes, adding flour as necessary.
- Let rise, covered with a towel, for 45 minutes.
- Punch down and let rise an additional 45.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes as a pizza.