Recipe by bwags244
Although this dough is made with whole wheat flour, it is amazing! It fluffs up beautifully and tastes just as good as a white flour dough.
Top Review by Planner
I made this recipe twice; once with whole wheat pastry flour and the other with spelt flour. I stuck the dough in the fridge for a couple hours, or so. Then I kneaded it about 40 times and stretched it over a cookie sheet. I let the dough rise again and then baked it for a short time before topping it and putting it back in to melt and crisp the toppings. Both pizzas turned out absolutely fantastic! I even left out the sugar. Thanks for a wonderful wonderful recipe:)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 -3 cups whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place yeast and warm water in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and salt to yeast mixture and stir.
- Add oil and stir well.
- Add 2 cups of flour to above mixture.
- Add maybe 1 more cup of flour (add flour until dough is not too sticky) and stir until combined.
- Turn onto floured board and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Put in bowl sprayed with Pam and cover with plastic wrap.
- Put in fridge for a couple hours or over night, pounding down the dough at least once to promote rising.