Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
So easy to make crusts healthier.
Make and share this Whole Wheat Pizza Crust recipe from Food.com.
- FOOD PROCESSOR METHOD: Put first 5 ingredients into food processor fitted with dough blade.
- With machine running, pour warm water and cooking oil through tube in lid. Process for 50 to 60 seconds. If dough seems sticky to remove, add about 1/2 teaspoons flour to make it easier to handle.
- HAND METHOD: Put first 5 ingredients into medium bowl. Stir together well.
- Add warm water and cooking oil. Mix well until dough leaves sides of bowl. Knead on lightly floured surface for 5 to 8 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- TO COMPLETE: At this point you may choose to roll out and press in greased 12 inch pizza pan, forming rim around edge. Or place dough in large greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with tea towel. Let stand in oven with pilot light on and door closed for about 1 hour until doubled in size. Punch dough down. Roll out and press in greased 12 inch pizza pan, forming rim around edge.
- Company’s Coming.
Very easy which is always nice! I made a few modifications but the basis of this recipe was there. I will use this recipe again, hubby was very happy and impressed. May add something for some additional flavor, thats the only thing that to my tastebuds this was missing. Even with my own additions. Thanks for sharing.
Very good and very fast to put together, particularly with the food processor method. We let it rise, & baked on a stone, topped with olive oil, a little sauce, fresh basil, sausage, sundried tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella & sprinkled with oregano. I drizzled with olive oil & sprinkled with sea salt when it came out of the oven. Yummy! Even my 3 and 4 year old daughters loved it!
Very good! I added 1/4 t more of salt and dusted the bottom of the pan with cornmeal. My boys loved it! Much cheaper than eating out.