Recipe by Kaykwilts
This is so good. Even my kids and DH will eat this crust.
Top Review by healthy cook for 8
I was searching for the perfect 100% wheat pizza crust recipe a long time ago and made this one. We loved it. But then I didn't make pizza for a long time and lost this recipe amongst all my other ones and had no idea of which wheat pizza crust we liked. I kept trying different ones, but they just didn't compare. I made this one tonight and knew this was it. It was so delicious my husband had no idea it was wheat (which he normally is not a fan of). This is better than most white flour recipes. If you're looking for a hearty/heavy whole grain crust this is not it. This is a nice light and fluffy crust. I also put in 1 tsp. salt, used 3 1/2 c. flour, and used four small cloves garlic instead of garlic powder. This will be my only crust recipe from now on. YUM!
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix water, oil, honey and yeast.
- Add wheat gluton, garlic powder (optional) and two cups of the flour.
- If you are using a mixer like a Bosch, Dimension or a KitchenAid you add additional flour until the sides of the mixer come clean.
- Knead about 7 minutes in your mixer.
- If mixing by hand add one cup at a time until the right consistence and knead until smooth and elastic.
- If you choose you can let the dough rise but I just divide the dough and half and roll out one on my pizza stone.
- After you roll the dough out pierce the rolled out pizza dough with a fork.
- Bake the pizza crust 450 degrees for about five minutes.
- Add your toppings such as sauce and cheese or whatever you want on pizza and then put back into the oven at 450 for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat for the second crust.