Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup flour
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry active yeast
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons molasses or 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In large bowl mix flours and yeast, make a well in center.
- Drain pineapple reserving juice.
- In saucepan combine 1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice, milk, brown sugar, oil and salt heat to 115-120°; pour into well in flour mixture, add pineapple, mix altogether, bringing flour towards center turn out on to floured surface, knead adding flour as needed for 6-8 minutes.
- Place in (double it's size) large greased bowl; grease top and cover.
- Let raise 1 hour until dough has doubled.
- Punch down and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide into 12 portions; roll each into ball between palms of hands, place in greased baking pan, brush with melted butter and let raise 30 minutes until double in size.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes, until golden brown.