1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Piadinas or Italian Flat Bread
I love this recipe for a quick and easy bread side dish. Again I took a basic and totally rewrote the recipe until it really had nothing to do with the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the ingredients in the order given. Stirring well between each item. You will need to knead it a bit by had at the final mix but do not over do it. Just a minute tops. Work fast & keep the dough tender.
- 2The dough should be soft but easily rolled out. You may need to add a bit of flour or water depending on the weather and flour you are using.
- 3Cut into 10-12 pieces. Roll out thin on an oiled surface, I use either olive or coconut oil depending on the weather. Coconut solidifies at 76 degrees.
- 4Create disks aproximately 8 -10" round.
- 5Prick the top of the bread with a fork and fry in a lightly oiled skillet or on a grill. These work well on the outdoor grill if they are oiled well.
- 6They cook fast and should be tender.
- 7Serve with any dish. I love them with soups in the winter and salads or grilled veggies in the summer.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Piadinas or Italian Flat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1110.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.1 g