Prep 22 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Whole wheat bread with pesto.
- 1 kg whole wheat flour
- 100 g sugar
- 15 g salt
- 13 g instant yeast
- 4 g bread improver, Dobrim Nobro
- 600 g water
- 100 g pesto sauce, base for flavor
- 20 g shortening
- 30 g margarine
- 20 g vegetable oil
- Straight Dough Method:
- Combine flour, Hollandia Instant Yeast and Dobrim Nobro. Dissolve sugar and salt in water and combine with flour mixture.
- Mix for 2 minutes at low speed.
- Add Shortening and Margarine, then mix for 4 minutes at high speed.
- Add vegetable oil and Pesto Base, continue mixing for 1 minute at high speed or until fully developed.
- Ferment for 3 hours.
- Carefully form dough into a long baton shape and roll over bread crumbs.
- Rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 30 g pieces, place in baking tins.
- Bake at 180°C until golden brown.