Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In this filling, healthful, delicious recipe, butternut squash forms the sauce. Use frozen butternut squash cubes or cube and roast a fresh butternut squash yourself.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Add penne; cook 10-12 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and return to pot, removed from heat.
- Slice onion. Add to skillet over medium-high heat and sauté for 10 minutes, or until soft and lightly browned.
- Chop garlic; add to onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and butternut squash to penne; stir until butternut squash loses its structure.
- Add olive oil, wheat germ, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Salt and pepper to taste.