Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The batter for these needs to chill overnight. From Gooseberry Patch's "Family Favorites." The cooking time is a guess... It will depend on your waffle iron.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, adding enough milk to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Cover batter and chill overnight.
- In the morning, heat waffle iron, spraying with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Stir batter and pour into waffle iron.
- Cook until golden.
Neither my husband or myself liked the taste of these waffles.