Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you're gonna eat cake, why not get your veggies while you're at it?
Make and share this Whole Wheat Pecan Carrot Cake W/ Cream Cheese Icing recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup egg white
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups carrots, finely grated (raw)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup light margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cream together sugar & oil until fluffy. Add eggs & beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, & flax seed meal. Add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in grated carrots & pecans.
- Pour into 8" or 9" cake pans & bake 1 hour.
- Mix together all icing ingredients and set aside.
- When cake is cooled, frost with icing, garnish by placing pecan halves in center of cake top in "Y" pattern.