Recipe by Chris from Kansas
Here's a healthy and delicious cookie recipe for those trying to eat more whole grains.
Top Review by Gruenes
These cookies were okay, they just didn't have enough peanut butter flavor and just seemed pretty light. I love that they are so healthy. We will probably make them again, but not for awhile. They seemed to get better as the week went on.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and honey.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to the creamed mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.