Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Health lovers and peanut butter lovers unite! Finally a peanut cookie with no trans fat! These delicious and chewy cookies are made using 100% whole wheat flour and tub light butter! I got this recipe out of my favorite health letter, NutritionAction. Only 120 calories for two, and sure to please everyone. Makes 48 (1/2 oz) cookies.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup light butter, spreadable (I use Land O Lakes)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and tub light butter and beat until smooth.
- Add the sugars and egg and beat until combined.
- Add in flour mixture and beat until all the flour is combined.
- Shape the dough into 3/4 inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Press the balls flat with the tines of a fork, making a criss-cross pattern on the top of each cookie (remember to wipe off fork bottom every so often or the cookies will start sticking to it).
- Bake at 350 F for 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges are barely browned.
- Remove from sheet and cool.
I more often bake bread so I was very skeptical about all the flour being wheat but this recipe is fantastic, and will replace my usual peanut butter recipe.
I replaced the butter with whole fat Greek yogurt, SO GOOD and adds another layer of health to this cookie!
I am always looking for whole wheat cookie recipes that are good and easy.. These are both., I made them last night for my husband and they turned out real good! I will make them again and put them in my to keep list! Thank you for sharing.