Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Nice healther bread.Great for kids,adults like it too. Try it toasted with your favorite jam or jelly.
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup skim milk (1 or 2 percent works fine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl,sift together flour, sugar,& baking powder.
- Blend in the peanut butter& oil.
- Add egg& milk.
- Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes,or until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cooled.
- Freezes well.
oh my- i love peanut butter. this bread is spectacular- but i can never make it again because i ate the entire loaf! wonderful recipe. thanks!!
I missed my sugar in this recipe but Dh liked it very much, as is. This is a very thick batter and therefore a very dense bread. It does not rise appreciatively and becomes a hard, fairly dry biscuit when toasted.