1/2 Photos of Whole Wheat Peanut Butter-Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips
This is so moist and delicious. It is by far the best banana bread I've ever had. I got this recipe from Vegetarian Times. I used regular crunchy peanut butter and decreased the sugar a little bit. It worked fine, but as a general rule, it really is better to buy the all-natural kind with no trans-fat and no added sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar or 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (very ripe)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Coat standard loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 3Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- 4Whisk together mashed bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, egg, and oil.
- 5Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until combined.
- 6Fold in chocolate chips.
- 7Scrape batter into loaf pan.
- 8Bake 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out with few moist crumbs.
- 9Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes.
- 10Unmold then cool completely before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Peanut Butter-Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.4 mg
- Sodium 271.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g