Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so moist and delicious. It is by far the best banana bread I've ever had. I got this recipe from Vegetarian Times. I used regular crunchy peanut butter and decreased the sugar a little bit. It worked fine, but as a general rule, it really is better to buy the all-natural kind with no trans-fat and no added sugar.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar or 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (very ripe)
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat standard loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- Whisk together mashed bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, egg, and oil.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out with few moist crumbs.
- Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes.
- Unmold then cool completely before slicing.
I love this recipe. I reduced the sugar by 1/4 cup (added 2-3 tbsp of honey instead) and used apple sauce instead of canola oil. Super yummy and moist!
I have made this recipe many times, but I recently tried making them as muffins, and my family loved them. Makes about 14 muffins cooked at 375 for about 20 min. I used creamy pb and applesauce for the oil, and it turned out delicious (we didn't like the crunch in the muffins).
Mmmmm, what a yummy banana bread! I really liked the addition of peanut butter and chocolate chips. The bread was easy and quick to make and tasted so good. It was very moist just like you said but nonetheless sliceable.
I reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup and even though my bananas were barely ripe and I used unsweetened pb the bread was plenty sweet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us!
Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap 27 October 2010.