This is so moist and delicious. It is by far the best banana bread I've ever had. I got this recipe from Vegetarian Times. I used regular crunchy peanut butter and decreased the sugar a little bit. It worked fine, but as a general rule, it really is better to buy the all-natural kind with no trans-fat and no added sugar.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar or 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (very ripe)
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat standard loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- Whisk together mashed bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, egg, and oil.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out with few moist crumbs.
- Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes.
- Unmold then cool completely before slicing.