1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Pastry Crust
A Messy Cook's Note:
If you prefer to bake with whole grains instead of white flour, then this is the pie crust for you! It's easy to put together and tastes great. This crust has a hearty flavor that pairs especially well with a sausage quiche, but it's great for fruit pies too! The recipe is from "Whole Foods For the Whole Family," a La Leche League cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, salt and wheat germ in bowl.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 3Add egg yolk and water, stirring until mixture forms a ball.
- 4Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap; chill for 30 minutes to 24 hours before using.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Pastry Crust
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1296.3
- Calories from Fat 793
- Total Fat 88.1 g
- Saturated Fat 53.1 g
- Cholesterol 402.5 mg
- Sodium 1189.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 25.4 g