Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
Delicious 100% whole wheat pasta noodles with or without a pasta machine.
- Mix together the flour, eggs, and salt.
- Add water as needed slowly. Dough should be firm, but not sticky.
- Pour dough out on a lightly floured surface until it has elasticity to it.
- Cover and let it sit for 30 minutes to relax the dough.
- Roll dough out to your desired thickness with a rolling pin or place in your pasta machine.
- There are different ways to form your pasta: Cut pasta in strips. Cut in squares, pushing sides towards the center. Wrap around a kabob stick (and let dry). *BE CREATIVE*
- Let it sit for 10-20 minutes to avoid clumping.
- Cook fresh pasta for 2-4 minutes (it will float to the top when finished).
- Enjoy :).
These whole wheat noodles were delicious!! I used them in my cream of chicken noodle soup and they added a wonderful, hearty flavor to the soup. I've been buying whole wheat pasta in the grocery store for a couple of years now because we have been trying to switch from using white pasta to whole wheat pasta, but I've never made whole wheat pasta. It was a little harder to work with than my usual white wheat pasta dough that I use, but with a little patience it all worked out. I made the dough in my food processor and I replaced 1 Tablespoon of the water with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. I rolled out and cut the pasta with my hand crank pasta machine. The dough was stickier than I'm used to, but by dusting extra flour on the dough every time I rolled it through the machine, it kept it from sticking to the rollers/ cutting blades. My family loved the flavor that the noodles added to the soup!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!!
*Made for Spring 2011 PAC*
So easy to work with and they are delicious. Why did I never think of shapes? Thanks for the recipe and ideas.
AWESOME!!! These are delicious and the texture is better than I expected for whole wheat pasta noodles. This will be my go-to recipe from now on. Thanks for submitting!