1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Pancakes With Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
From the blog of Two Peas and Their Pods
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk, plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, canola oil, egg whites,vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- 3Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Stir gently with a spatula until combined. Don’t over mix. The batter will be thick.
- 4Heat a griddle pan or non stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 of a cup of pancake batter onto the hot griddle pan, spacing out the pancakes a few inches from each other. When the pancakes start to bubble up, flip and cook until pancakes are lightly browned.
- 5To make the compote: Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray. Add the rhubarb and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, until rhubarb is soft. Add in the honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the strawberries and cook for another two minutes.
- 6Serve strawberry rhubarb compote over hot pancakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Pancakes With Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 555.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of