Recipe by Altari
Pancakes made with whole wheat and a bit of cinnamon to spice it up. This is an adaptation of a standard pancake recipe found here, on RecipeZaar.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dry ingrediants in a bowl.
- Make a small depression in the center, add milk egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan over low-medium heat.
- Drop about 1/4 cup of batter into the middle of the pan. Leave until bubbles form around the edges, then flip. If the bottom is very dark, turn down the heat now.
- Cook the other side for about 1 minute, or until the puffed sides look cooked. Remove from heat immediately.
- Notes : It is very important that you leave the batter to sit. This lets the powder and soda work, and is what will fluff up the pancake. Butter will help a little if your pan isn't nonstick, but the whole wheat tends to stick alot more than regular flour. I cook pancakes over heat setting "3". Don't omit the soda, which I did by accident last night. It comes out as a messy, tasteless, sticky blob.