Recipe by 4JRhodes
This is a recipe I adapted from Cook's Illustrated. You mix the ingredients the night before and then place in the refrigerator. It's so quick, easy and makes a delicious crispy waffle.
Top Review by Boomette
I used only all purpose flour. I loved the taste of these waffles and the fact that in the morning they were reading to put in the waffle machine. They had a great texture. Thanks 4JRhodes :) Made for Cookbook tag game
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole milk (do not substitute low fat or skim milk)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat the milk in the microwave until warm. Stir in the melted butter.
- 2. Whisk together the flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in warm milk and butter until smooth. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated. Scrape down sides of bowl, cover and refrigerate 12-24 hours.
- Heat the waffle iron. When the iron is hot, remove batter from refrigerator and whisk to recombine and deflate. Spread the correct amount of batter onto waffle iron and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter or put batter in fridge to use again the next day. Mine usually lasts about 3 days.