Recipe by Whisper
This is a really moist and delicious bread that's quick and easy to make. I got this recipe from my sister.
Top Review by The Rabbit
Very good. Is great toasted with a little honey goat cheese or cream cheese. Not what I expected from a quick bread. The batter is very light and makes more of a heavy yeast bread texture. Made little loaves for freezing and gave some to neighbors who said theirs was lovely with roasted pork.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice (fresh or reconstituted frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Stir until dry particles are moistened, about 75 strokes.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Not recommended for use with self-rising flour.