Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe where you can use either W/W flour or white flour. It is a light and tasty bread. My younger sister gave this recipe to me when I first got my Bosch machine and have used it ever since. It makes 6 loaves of lovely homemade bread.
- 5 1⁄2 cups very warm water
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fast rising yeast (I use Fermipan when I can)
- 10 -11 cups flour or 10 -11 cups whole wheat flour or 10 -11 cups white flour
- Mix together the first six ingredients.
- Add the yeast and mix well.
- Add the flour, the last two cups a little at a time until the dough will clean the sides of the mixing bowl or till the dough is the right texture and easily handled: then I let my bosch knead the dough a few minutes.
- Let rise in a large covered bowl (tupperware fix n mix).
- Punch down and form into loaves.
- Put into greased loaf pans.
- Let rise in a draft free area, covered the a clean teatowel and a piece of plastic over the towel.
- This keeps the bread from getting a dry crust on top before baking.
- Guess it would rise better as well.
- Bake at 375 degF for about 25 minutes.