Recipe by Red Jenny
From http://www.flickr.com/photos/daffodillanepresses/353251559/page2/ Not at all flaky but tender and tasty. Perfect for Quiche!
Top Review by bellsnaturalwell
Loved the Whole Wheat Olive Oil Pie Crust! My crust turned out flaky (but heavy), similar to regular crust made with shortening. I put the olive oil in the freezer till almost solid, and after adding all ingredients, I patted the crust in my pie pan, instead of rolling it out-I didnt want to overwork the dough.
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place olive oil in the freezer until it solidifies and is of a consistency similar to thick honey. (I checked it every 30 minutes or so. I'm not sure how long it took. Probably 3 or 4 hours.).
- Once the olive oil solidifies place flour, salt and baking powder into a food processor and pulse a few times to mix. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until a dough ball forms. Place ball in an air tight container or plastic wrap and put in the fridge for an hour or so to chill. (I left it overnight).
- Roll ball out until 1/8 inch thick and put into a pie plate. Use as you would a regular pie crust. I prebaked it before adding the quiche filling.