Whole Wheat Oatmeal Scones With Blackberries
- Mix first four ingredients.
- Cut in the shortening and the butter.
- Add baking soda to sour milk. (If you don't have sour milk or buttermilk, add 1 Tbsp of lemon juice to milk to make 1 cup, then let sit until thickened.).
- Mix milk and blackberries into dough.
- Drop onto parchment lined baking sheet. It helps to compress each scone with your hand a bit to make sure that it stays together while baking. You can also freeze unbaked scones at this point.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.