Chef #329119's Note:
This was a recipe from healthyrecipesfor moms website, which was modified from Cooking Light 2000. The only modifications I made were: used quick-cooking oats, substituted half the sugars with splenda, and since i simply had only 1/2 cup all purpose flour I used 1 1/2 cups whole wheat four rather than 1 cup and the texture was still great--nice & chewy; also I used 1 cup Girardhelli milk chocolate chips (which were sweet enough for me).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (no-sodium baking powder if you can find it)
- 5 tablespoons applesauce (drain some of the moisture out with some paper towels first)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 1/2 cups raisins, to be healthier
- parchment paper (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Beat the first 8 ingredients at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 3Add flour and oats to mixture, and beat until blended.
- 4Stir in the raisins or chocolate chips.
- 5Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets, coated with cooking spray (or use parchment paper instead of spraying).
- 6Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Cool on pan for 3 minutes, then move the cookies to wire cooling racks.
- 8Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 73.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g